Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Roast 400°F 1 hr Stand 10 mins
- 1 4 - 5 pound whole chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Pat the chicken dry inside and out with paper towels. Remove giblet package, if present. Rub olive oil all over the chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place chicken in a roasting pan or heatproof baking dish.
2. Roast, uncovered, for 30 minutes. If chicken is browning to fast, cover loosely with foil. Roast another 30 to 40 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 170 degrees F. in the breast or 180 degrees F. in the thigh.
3. Remove chicken from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 178, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 101, sat. fat (g): 1, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, pro. (g): 31, vit. A (IU): 49, vit. C (mg): 2, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 9, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 8, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 170, Potassium (mg): 267, calcium (mg): 20, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.