Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 15 mins
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 - 2 teaspoons Sriracha (Thai chile and garlic sauce)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) diced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 3 cups cooked white rice
1. In a medium bowl, mix together broth, soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch, sugar and Sriracha sauce. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry for 6 to 7 minutes, until no longer pink inside. Remove to a plate and keep warm. Add mushrooms, red pepper, onion and celery to skillet and stir-fry for 6 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in reserved broth and soy sauce mixture, water chestnuts and cooked chicken. Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened and water chestnuts and chicken are heated through.
3. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and serve with cooked white rice.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 373, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 68, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 42, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 33, sodium (mg): 339, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.