Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Bake 15 mins Cook 13 mins Microwave 10 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 cup baby carrots, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 24 ounce package Oreida Steam n' Mash potatoes
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Make It Filling
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Heat oil in a flame-proof casserole over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces and cook, stirring, 5 minutes. Stir in onion, celery and carrots. Cook 5 minutes.
2. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk broth, flour, salt and pepper. Pour into dish and bring to a simmer. Simmer 1 to 2 minutes, until thickened. Stir in dill and peas; cook 1 more minute. Topping
3. Meanwhile, microwave potatoes for 10 minutes, as per package directions. Carefully transfer to a large bowl and add milk, butter, dill and salt. Mash until smooth. Dollop onto filling and gently spread to dish edges.
4. Transfer to oven and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, or until bubbly. Cool slightly before serving.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 423, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 160, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 31, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 35, sodium (mg): 915, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.