Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 7 mins
- 1 can (16 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 salsa-style or plain pitas, tops cut off, pockets opened
- Sour cream (optional)
1. Combine black beans, corn, lime juice and salsa in bowl.
2. Heat oil in medium-size nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add cumin and chicken; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
3. Add corn mixture; heat through, about 1 minute. Spoon mixture into pita pockets, dividing equally. Garnish with sour cream if you wish. Makes 4 sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 428, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 31, carb. (g): 72, pro. (g): 30, sodium (mg): 879, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.