1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix oil, pepper, rosemary and thyme in small bowl. Rub over outside of chicken. Place onion and lemon in cavity of chicken. Truss chicken, if desired.
3. Place chicken, breast side up, in Dutch oven. Scatter garlic around chicken. Pour in white wine and chicken broth. Place on stove top. Cover; bring to boiling.
4. Transfer to 375 degree F oven. Bake, covered, 25 minutes. Increase oven temperature heat to 450 degrees F. Uncover; bake 45 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted in thigh registers 180 degrees F.
5. Remove chicken and garlic to platter; cover with foil. Skim as much fat as possible from pot. Squeeze out 6 cloves cooked garlic into small bowl. Mash to paste; stir in a few tablespoons of cooking liquid. Whisk into cooking liquid in pot. Stir in parsley and salt. Serve garlicky broth with chicken, along with remaining cloves of garlic as garnish on each plate. To eat garlic, gently press with fork to squeeze out from skin. Makes 6 servings.