Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Bake 425°F 40 mins to 45 mins
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemon rind
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mixed fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 chicken (3-1/2 pounds), cut into 8 serving pieces
- 25 cloves garlic, peeled (large bulb)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In small bowl, mix lemon rind, juice, olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper.
3. Arrange chicken in flameproof roasting pan. Spoon lemon-herb mixture over top. Place garlic around chicken, stirring to coat cloves.
4. Roast in 425 degree F oven 40 to 45 minutes (internal temperature 170 degrees F). Transfer chicken and garlic to platter.
5. Add broth to pan. Place over medium-high heat; scrape up bits from bottom. Add olives; heat through. Pour over chicken. Top with parsley. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 581, Fat, total (g): 37, chol. (mg): 157, sat. fat (g): 9, carb. (g): 9, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 51, sodium (mg): 985, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.