Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Roast 400°F 1 hr 15 mins
- 1 medium-size lemon, quartered
- 1 roasting chicken (5 pounds)
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 pound small (about 1-1/2-inch) red potatoes
- 1 large red onion, sliced through root end into eighths
- 2 whole heads garlic, cut lengthwise in half
- 15 Kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut lengthwise in half
1. Place lemon inside chicken. Chop enough thyme for 2 teaspoons. Reserve remainder for garnish. Mix 1 teaspoon chopped thyme, 2 teaspoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Rub over chicken. Place in large roasting pan.
2. Combine potatoes, onion, garlic, olives, remaining chopped thyme, remaining oil, salt and pepper. Arrange potatoes around chicken.
3. Roast in 400 degree F oven 1 hour. Add tomatoes. Roast 15 minutes until chicken is no longer pink. Arrange on platter. Garnish with thyme sprigs. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 478, Fat, total (g): 22, chol. (mg): 119, carb. (g): 28, pro. (g): 40, sodium (mg): 492, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.