Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 15 mins
- 1 pound fusilli
- 2 pounds boneless, skinned chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 canned chipotle peppers, seeded and finely diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water.
2. Meanwhile, slice the chicken into 2 x 1/2-inch strips. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken; saute for 5 minutes or until it begins to brown. Add the onion; cook for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cumin. Reduce the heat to medium; cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the chipotle peppers, diced tomatoes, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 5 minutes. Add cilantro.
4. Add pasta to sauce. Stir in reserved pasta water as needed for creamier consistency. Serve. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 586, Fat, total (g): 22, chol. (mg): 138, sat. fat (g): 11, carb. (g): 55, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 40, sodium (mg): 464, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.