Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Broil 10 mins (or grill)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 small sweet green pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into 12 pieces
- 12 medium-size mushroom caps, cleaned
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark Asian sesame oil
- 1 recipe Oriental Peanut Sauce (recipe follows) OR: prepared peanut sauce
1. Thread chicken, peppers, onion and mushroom caps on skewers. Marinade:
2. Mix vinegar, garlic, soy and oil in bowl. Transfer skewers to dish; pour marinade over. Marinate, refrigerated, 1 hour.
3. Prepare outdoor grill with medium-hot coals, heat gas grill to medium-hot or heat oven broiler. Grill or broil kabobs, turning once, 10 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted into chicken registers 170 degrees F. Transfer to platter. Serve with Oriental Peanut Sauce.
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Combine peanut butter, garlic, yogurt, chicken broth, soy sauce, sugar, crushed red pepper, and salt in a saucepan. Bring to boiling. Lower heat; simmer 5 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 133, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): 52, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 6, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 20, sodium (mg): 98, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.