Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 50 mins
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken, cut in 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- pinch saffron
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 pounds all-purpose potatoes, unpeeled ad sliced into 1/2-inch-thick slices, or if large, halve lengthwise and slice crosswise
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup Gaeta or Kalamata olives, pitted
1. Combine chicken, onion, garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, ginger, turmeric and saffron in large Dutch oven. Add 1 cup of water. Cover; bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer until chicken is just barely tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in potatoes. Cover; simmer until potatoes are barely cooked through and chicken is no longer pink near bone, 20 minutes.
2. Add rind, lemon juice and parsley; simmer 5 minutes. Add olives.
3. Arrange chicken and potatoes on platter. Pour juices over chicken. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 332, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 73, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 24, pro. (g): 25, sodium (mg): 620, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.