Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Cook 25 mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained
- 2 boxes (10 ounces each) couscous (3 cups)
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted, coarsely chopped
1. Heat oil in large heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook, stirring occasionally, 7 minutes, until golden. Add garlic and chicken; cook, stirring, 6 minutes. Add paprika, salt, cumin, cinnamon and cayenne; cook 1 minute.
2. Add chicken broth, tomatoes and chickpeas. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes.
3. Add couscous, raisins and olives; stir to combine. Remove from heat. Cover pot; let stand 5 minutes.
4. To serve, fluff couscous gently with a fork. Serve with warm pita bread and garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 576, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 64, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 82, fiber (g): 7, pro. (g): 36, sodium (mg): 1076, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.