Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 5 hours
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium-size sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup medium-grain brown rice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 12 ounce package chicken sausage with habaneros (such as Aidells), cut into 1/2-inch-thick half-moons
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
1. Stir together onion, pepper, garlic, tomatoes, rice, chili powder, oregano, jalapeno, sausage and 1 1/2 cups water in slow cooker bowl. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 5 hours.
2. Stir in cilantro; serve with sour cream and cheddar cheese, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 264, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 46, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 30, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 16, sodium (mg): 666, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.