Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours, plus 15 minutes Roast 425°F 35 mins
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken breasts, skin removed
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces) Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons Greek seasoning
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, cored and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
1. Combine chicken, beans, tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of the Greek seasoning and 1 teaspoon of the paprika in slow cooker; add broth and 1 cup water. Cover; cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
2. When there is 1 hour cook time remaining, heat oven to 425 degrees F. In a large roasting pan, toss together 2 teaspoons of the Greek seasoning, 1 teaspoon paprika, zucchini, onion, fennel, garlic and olive oil. Roast at 425 degrees F for 35 minutes, stirring twice. Stir in lemon juice, oregano and zest.
3. Remove chicken; shred into bite-size pieces. Discard bones and stir chicken back into slow cooker. Stir in vegetables, remaining 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning and salt; cook an additional 15 minutes. Sprinkle with feta cheese, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 300, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 71, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 29, fiber (g): 9, pro. (g): 37, sodium (mg): 619, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.