Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Cook 15 mins
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted (see Note) and cooled
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
1. Shake chicken and seeds in plastic food-storage bag to coat.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add peppers; saute 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Remove to bowl and keep warm.
3. Heat remaining oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; saute until browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side (170 degrees F). Add to peppers in bowl.
4. Reduce heat to low. Add teriyaki sauce, ginger and garlic. Bring to boiling just to thicken sauce slightly. Return chicken and peppers to skillet, tossing to coat with glaze.
5. Sprinkle with lemon juice and scallions. Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 257, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 63, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 8, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 26, sodium (mg): 970, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.