1. Use kitchen shears to cut along one side of the backbone, working from tail to the neck. Repeat on other side; remove back bone. Open chicken out flat, skin side down. Use sharp knife to cut through center of breast bone to separate chicken in half. Place chickens in 2 large plastic food-storage bags.Prepare marinade:
2. Combine tamari sauce, olive oil, lemon rind and juice, garlic, tarragon and pepper in bowl. Pour evenly over chickens in bags. Refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
3. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
4. Remove chickens from marinade; pat dry with paper toweling. Place chicken in large roasting pan.
5. Bake in 400 degree F oven until no longer pink near bone, 40 minutes (180 degrees F on instant-read thermometer).
6. Prepare 2 boxes rice according to package directions; do not use seasoning packets. Keep warm.Prepare Sesame Vinaigrette:
7. Whisk together vinegar, tamari sauce, olive oil, sesame oil, ginger and sugar in bowl.
8. To serve, spoon rice mixture onto large platter. Arrange chickens on rice. Drizzle with Sesame Vinaigrette. Garnish with sesame seeds and tarragon.