Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Cook 4 hrs 15 mins on HIGH 6-1/4 hours on LOW
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound light kielbasa, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups frozen cut okra
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Hot cooked white rice (optional)
1. In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, stir onion, celery, tomatoes, broth, chicken, kielbasa and cayenne together. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 5 hours.
2. Stir in the green pepper, shrimp, okra and Cajun seasoning and cook for 1 hour or until shrimp is cooked through.
3. Remove 1/4 cup of liquid from the slow cooker and place in a small bowl; stir cornstarch into liquid. Stir back into bowl and cook an additional 15 minutes or until thickened. Stir in salt and hot sauce; serve with rice, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 167, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 94, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 8, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 19, sodium (mg): 425, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.