Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 3 hrs 15 mins on HIGH or 5 hours, 15 minutes on LOW
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 3/4 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice (optional)
1. Combine chicken, onions, garlic, raisins, 1 teaspoon of the garam masala, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, the pepper and broth in slow cooker bowl. Cover and cook for 3 hours on HIGH or 5 hours on LOW.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the remaining 3/4 teaspoon garam masala, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, the yogurt and cornstarch. Remove chicken to a platter and keep warm.
3. Whisk yogurt mixture into slow cooker bowl and cover; cook an additional 15 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Stir in almonds and serve sauce with chicken over rice, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 621, Fat, total (g): 24, chol. (mg): 333, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 33, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 73, sodium (mg): 717, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.