Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Cook 15 mins
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1/4 cup rice-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark Asian sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons liquid hot-pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons miso paste*
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 x 1/2-inch strips
- 8 white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrots (1 to 2 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 package (5 ounces) curly dried noodles, cooked and drained
1. Heat broth in large saucepan to simmering.
2. Mix vinegar, oil and hot-pepper sauce in small bowl. Stir in cornstarch until smooth and well blended.
3. Stir miso paste into hot broth to dissolve. Add chicken, mushrooms, carrots and salt; return to simmering. Re-whisk cornstarch mixture; stir into soup along with scallions. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
4. Divide noodles among serving bowls; ladle in soup.
- *Miso paste:Made from fermented soybeans and with a peanut-butter-like texture, the paste is used in Japanese cooking to season and thicken soups. Look for it in Japanese markets or well-stocked supermarkets.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 266, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 48, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 29, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 19, sodium (mg): 1870, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.