The sweet and spicy marinade clings to the chicken and turns into a tasty glaze on the grilled kabobs. Apricot preserves, hot pepper and ginger provide a spicy sweetness.
1. Whisk oil, rice wine, soy, preserves, hot sauce, garlic, ginger, scallions, 1/2 tablespoon of the sesame seeds, and, if using, five-spice powder, in medium-size bowl.Chicken:
2. Add chicken and peppers to marinade. Cover; refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
3. When ready to serve, prepare Fruited Couscous (recipe on www.familycircle.com).
4. Prepare outdoor grill with hot coals, or heat gas grill to hot, or heat oven broiler.
5. Thread chicken on 6 metal skewers, alternating with peppers.
6. Grill kabobs, turning once, 8 to 12 minutes total, or until cooked through. Arrange couscous and kabobs on plates. Sprinkle top with remaining sesame seeds.