Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 10 mins
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds total)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh tarragon
- 6 fresh chives
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 6 ounce bags baby spinach or 2 small heads Bibb lettuce
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallion
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
1. In a medium-size saucepan with a lid, add chicken, broth and enough water to cover. Add sprigs of fresh thyme, tarragon and chives. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer, covered, for 6 minutes or until internal temperature reads 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Allow to cool, then slice chicken on an angle.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper. Add in mayonnaise and whisk until creamy smooth.
3. In a salad bowl, toss spinach, chives, scallion and thyme. Toss with dressing. Add sliced chicken and serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 445, Fat, total (g): 26, chol. (mg): 103, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 10, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 42, sodium (mg): 702, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.