Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Slow Cook 5 hrs (high) or 7 hours (low)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces small new potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 2 cups baby carrots, cut into thirds
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 4 ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
1. In a medium-size bowl, stir together chicken, 2 tablespoons of the flour, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper; add to slow cooker. Stir in potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, mushrooms, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of the thyme, the sage and broth. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 6 hours.
2. In a small bowl, stir together remaining 1 tablespoon flour and the butter until a paste forms. Push the chicken and veggies to one side and whisk paste, remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and thyme into slow cooker bowl. Cook 1 more hour or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 194, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): 50, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 21, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 21, sodium (mg): 455, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.