A ham filling sandwiched between layers of potatoes turns this gratin into a main-dish casserole.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish.
2. Bring large pot of lightly salted water to boiling over high heat. Add potato; partially cover; cook 2 minutes. Drain and reserve.
3. Mix ham, egg, butter, salt, pepper and cloves in processor. Pulse to combine. Add chicken, milk and half-and-half. Process until smooth.
4. Arrange half the potatoes to cover bottom of prepared dish. Evenly spread ham mixture over potatoes. Arrange remaining potatoes over top.Sauce:
5. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Whisk in 1 cup milk; cook until smooth and just beginning to thicken, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in remaining cup milk, the salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbly, 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Pour white sauce into baking dish. Sprinkle Parmesan over top.
7. Bake in 350 degrees F oven 45 minutes, until browned. Let stand 15 minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley.