If your summer days are filled with activities, add this main-dish pasta salad to your menu plan. Make it early in the day or the night before and chill it until serving time. The honey-mustard dressing is fantastic with the chicken, pasta, and veggies.
1. Cook pasta following package directions. Drain.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat grill pan or broiler. Sprinkle chicken with the lemon juice and grill or broil for about 2 minutes per side or until internal temperature reads 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Set aside and let cool.
3. When cool, cut chicken into bite-size pieces and mix with cooled pasta in a large bowl. Add diced peppers, onion, scallions and dill.
4. In a medium-size bowl, whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, mustard, sugar, onion powder, parsley flakes, salt and black pepper. Gradually whisk in the oil.
5. Pour mayonnaise mixture over the pasta and chicken and toss. Refrigerate until ready to serve.