1. Combine apple cider, cider vinegar, black pepper, shallots, garlic, salt and chicken in resealable plastic food-storage bag or glass dish. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
2. Meanwhile prepare potato cakes: Boil russet and sweet potato potatoes separately in two pots of boiling water for 10 to 12 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain. While still hot, combine potatoes in a bowl; mash with potato masher. Add bread crumbs, milk, dill, mayonnaise, chives, pepper, capers and salt. (This can be made ahead of time and refrigerated, covered.)
3. Heat broiler. Broil chicken, turning once, until no longer pink in center, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove and keep warm. Leave broiler on.
4. Prepare Apple Salsa.
5. To broil potato cakes: Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Use 2 tablespoons of potato mixture for each cake, making eighteen 2-inch cakes total. Place cakes on sheet; coat tops with spray. Broil 6 to 8 inches from heat until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn cakes over; coat tops with spray. Broil until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
6. To serve: Slice chicken diagonally. Arrange on 6 plates. Top with warm salsa and place 3 potato cakes on the side for each serving.
1. Heat unsalted butter in medium-size skillet. Add apples, shallots, jalapeno and fresh ginger; saute for 4 minutes or until apples begin to release liquid. Add apple cider; cook until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Add chopped fresh mint, chopped fresh basil, curry powder and salt. Remove from heat. Serve warm with chicken and potato cakes.