Quinoa, an ancient grain, can be used in any recipe that calls for rice or couscous.
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, stir together olive oil, preserves and mustard. Set aside 3 tablespoons for the quinoa.
3. Place the chicken in a roasting pan. Season with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes. Brush on remaining mustard mixture and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until internal temperature registers 170 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
4. While chicken is cooking, make quinoa dressing. Place chicken broth, onion, celery, quinoa, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a medium-size saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Stir in the apricots during the last few minutes of cook time. Take off heat and stir in reserved mustard mixture.
5. To serve, spoon the quinoa onto a serving platter and sprinkle with pine nuts. Place chicken on top of the quinoa.