- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili paste
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 head fresh broccoli, steamed
1. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together chicken broth, soy sauce, ginger, vinegar, sugar, cornstarch and chili paste. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 6 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
3. In the same skillet, add the chicken broth mixture. Bring to a simmer and add chicken and scallions. Stir to coat chicken with sauce and heat through, about 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Serve over brown rice with steamed broccoli on the side.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 395, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 99, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 30, Monounsaturated fat (g): 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 3, fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 4, pro. (g): 44, vit. A (IU): 486, vit. C (mg): 40, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 21, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 40, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 667, Potassium (mg): 622, calcium (mg): 61, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.