Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 40 mins
- 1 package (6 ounces) white and wild rice mix
- 2 1/3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 slice cooked ham (2 ounces), cut in 1/4-inch chunks
- 6 boneless, skinned chicken breast halves (1-3/4 pounds)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, chopped
1. Combine rice and broth in saucepan. Bring to boil. Cover tightly; reduce heat; simmer 8 minutes.
2. Stir ham into rice. Place chicken breasts on top of rice. Cover; simmer for 8 minutes more. Remove lid; turn chicken over. Re-cover; cook for 7 minutes. Remove chicken to a platter; keep warm. Cover saucepan; cook rice for 13 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Add a little more water to rice if it becomes dry. Serve chicken with rice. Garnish with onion and pepper.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 261, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 77, carb. (g): 22, pro. (g): 32, sodium (mg): 445, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.