Prep 20 mins Slow Cook 6 hrs to 7 hrs (low) or 3 to 3-1/2 hours (high)
- 1/2 of a medium head cabbage, cut into wedges (about 12 ounces)
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 4 1/2 ounce jar (drained weight) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 - 2 1/2 pounds meaty chicken pieces (breast halves, thighs, and drumsticks), skinned
- 2 cups purchased meatless spaghetti sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked pasta (optional)
1. In a 3-1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine cabbage wedges, onion, and mushrooms. Sprinkle tapioca over vegetables. Place chicken pieces on vegetables. Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3-1/2 hours. Transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. If desired, serve with hot cooked pasta.
Tip For Easy Cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 300, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 94, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 24, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 35, sodium (mg): 662, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.