Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Roast 400°F 1 hr Stand 10 mins
- 1 4 - 5 pound whole chicken
- 1/4 cup Dijon-style mustard
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts (8 oz.), trimmed
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Pat the chicken dry inside and out with paper towels. Remove giblet package, if present. In a small bowl stir together mustard and oil. Spread all over chicken. Place chicken in a roasting pan or heatproof baking dish.
2. Roast, uncovered, for 35 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts to pan or dish; sprinkle lightly with salt and toss to coat. If chicken is browning too fast, cover loosely with foil. Roast another 25 to 35 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 170 degrees F. in the breast or 180 degrees F. in the thigh and sprouts are tender, stirring sprouts once more during cooking.
3. Remove chicken from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 223, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 101, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 3, Monounsaturated fat (g): 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 1, pro. (g): 32, vit. A (IU): 292, vit. C (mg): 27, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 10, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 24, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 327, Potassium (mg): 380, calcium (mg): 30, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.