Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 18 mins
- 1 1/4 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste (such as Thai Kitchen)
- 1 can (13-1/2 ounces) light coconut milk
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 sweet orange peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Thai basil leaves
- 4 1/2 cups cooked jasmine rice
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add green beans; cover and cook for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large, deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add curry paste and cook an additional 30 seconds. Whisk in coconut milk, chicken broth, fish sauce, sugar, cornstarch and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 4 minutes. Add chicken and onion; cook, stirring, for 7 minutes.
3. Stir in peppers and reserved green beans. Cook 2 minutes to heat through. Tear in the basil. Serve with cooked jasmine rice.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 473, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 56, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 54, fiber (g): 7, pro. (g): 34, sodium (mg): 693, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.