Yield: 8 cups Prep 10 mins Cook 25 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 container (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and shredded
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and curry powder, cover, and cook until onion is soft, about 8 minutes. Add ginger and cook 1 minute more. Stir in broth and applesauce, increase heat to high, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5 minutes.
2. Stir in shredded apple and diced chicken. Simmer 2 minutes, until chicken is cooked.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 137, Fat, total (g): 4, carb. (g): 11, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 14, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.