Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 40 mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinned chicken thighs, 1-inch pieces
- 3 strips bacon, diced
- 10 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 ounces smoked ham, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 jar (15 ounces) pearl onions, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large, deep skillet or Dutch oven. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes. Remove chicken.
2. Cook bacon in skillet 3 minutes. Remove from skillet.
3. Add 2 tablespoons oil to skillet. Add mushrooms, onion, carrot, garlic and ham; cook, stirring frequently, for 7 minutes. Add broth, wine, tomatoes, thyme, bay leaf, pearl onions, salt, pepper and chicken. Simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Shake flour and water in jar with tight-fitting lid. Add to pot with bacon. Cook 5 minutes, until thickened and vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 331, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 69, carb. (g): 22, pro. (g): 23, sodium (mg): 945, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.