1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 2 teaspoons thyme (1/2 teaspoon dried). Place in 13 x 9 x 3-inch baking dish.
2. Place potatoes and artichokes in greased roasting pan. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Add chicken legs and thighs.
3. Bake in 400 degrees F oven until chicken, vegetables are tender, 50 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken breasts and wings during last 25 minutes of baking. Add apples during last 15 minutes of baking time.
4. Meanwhile, prepare sauce following recipe below.
5. Remove chicken, vegetables to platter. Skim fat from pan. Add 1/2 cup water to pan; stir to loosen browned bits. Stir into sauce; heat.
6. Spoon sauce over chicken and vegetables. Garnish with thyme.Simple Cider Sauce:
7. In skillet, lightly brown bacon and onion. Remove all but 1 tablespoon of fat. Take off heat and add brandy. Cook to reduce by half. Add thyme and cider, cook to thicken. Discard fat from roasting pan. Add water; stir to loosen brown bits. Add to sauce in skillet.