Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 6 hrs on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups tomatillo salsa (salsa verde)
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) great Northern beans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Tortilla chips (optional)
1. Place chicken thighs in slow cooker and top with green pepper and onion. In blender, combine chicken broth, salsa and 1 can of the beans (drained and rinsed). Puree until smooth. Add to slow cooker, along with cumin and black pepper.
2. Cover and slow cook for 6 hours on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW. Uncover, and remove chicken thighs to cutting board. Stir corn, remaining can of beans (drained and rinsed) and cilantro into slow cooker. Shred chicken and return to slow cooker. Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 330, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 110, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 36, fiber (g): 9, pro. (g): 33, sodium (mg): 460, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.