1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine pepper and salt in bowl.
3. Remove neck and giblets from chicken; refrigerate for another use. Rinse chicken well; pat dry with paper toweling. Rub pepper mixture all over chicken. Place chicken, breast side up, on rack in large roasting pan. Add 1/2 cup chicken broth to pan.
4. Roast in 375 degrees F oven for 1 hour or until instant-read thermometer inserted into thigh meat without touching bone registers 180 degrees F. Add more chicken broth to pan as needed if pan gets too dry.
5. Remove chicken to platter; let stand 15 minutes. Skim fat from pan drippings; reserve drippings.Prepare sauce:
6. Heat oil in small skillet. Add green onion, ginger and garlic; cook over medium heat until green onion is softened, about 2 minutes. Carefully stir in vodka if using, vinegar, soy sauce and reserved drippings; keep warm.
7. Carve chicken into serving pieces. Serve with sauce.