Yield: 3-1/2 cups Prep 15 mins Cook 10 mins
- 1 8 ounce package Neufchatel cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons jarred horseradish
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pound boneless, skinned chicken breasts, diced
- 2 medium-size apples, peeled, cored and diced (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme OR: 1/4 teaspoon dried
1. Combine Neufchatel, milk, mustard, horseradish and 1/4 teaspoon salt in medium-size bowl; whisk until sauce is smooth.
2. Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for 3 minutes. Add apples, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper; cook 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Pour in cheese sauce; lower heat to medium and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
3. Toast walnuts in skillet until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Add walnuts and thyme to filling.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 178, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 46, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 6, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 13, sodium (mg): 299, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.