These panini are stacked with eggplant, mozzarella, roasted peppers, fresh basil, and chicken cutlets for a sandwich that easily makes a meal.
1. Combine vinaigrette and garlic; let sit for 15 minutes. Cut eggplant into 10 slices, each about 1/4-inch thick. Place in resealable bag; add 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette. Set aside. Cut mozzarella into 10 slices, each about 1/4-inch thick. Top with 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette, and toss gently. Set aside. Brush chicken with remaining vinaigrette; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
2. Finely chop tomatoes; stir into mayonnaise. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour. Cut drained peppers into strips; set aside.To serve:
3. Heat panini maker according to manufacturers instructions. Cook chicken and eggplant 5 minutes per batch. Wipe panini maker clean with paper towels.Assemble panini:
4. Trim 1 inch off ends of each baguette and cut each in half lengthwise. Spread each baguette with 6 tablespoons mayonnaise. Restack and slice each into 5 pieces (for a total of 10 pieces). Divide chicken, eggplant, basil, peppers and mozzarella evenly among the 10 panini, trimming chicken as needed. Gently press sandwiches to compress slightly.
5. Cook panini 5 minutes per batch until grill marks form and cheese melts.