Servings: 8 Prep 20 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 5 hours or LOW for 8 hours
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1-3/4 pounds total), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups couscous, cooked
- Toasted pine nuts for garnish, optional
1. In a 6-quart slow cooker, layer chicken, onions, carrots, raisins and apricots.
2. In a medium-size bowl, whisk chicken broth, tomato paste, lemon juice, flour, garlic salt, cumin, ginger, cinnamon and black pepper. Pour over chicken and vegetables.
3. Cook 5 hours on HIGH heat or 8 hours on LOW heat.
4. Serve over cooked couscous. Garnish with toasted pine nuts, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 415, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 98, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 61, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 28, sodium (mg): 794, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.