Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 11 mins
- 3/4 cup low-sodium, 99 percent fat-free chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast for stir-fry (thin strips)
- 1 3 1/2 ounce package shiitake mushroom caps, cleaned and sliced (1-1/2 to 2 cups)
- 1 9 1/2 ounce package soba noodles
- 1 pound bok choy, trimmed and sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
1. In a measuring cup, whisk broth, teriyaki, vinegar, cornstarch, sugar and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of water to boiling. Heat the canola and the sesame oils in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove to a plate. Add mushrooms and cook 2 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, add soba noodles to boiling water and cook, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
4. Add bok choy and red pepper strips to skillet. Cook 2 minutes. Return chicken to pan along with broth mixture. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, until thickened. Gently stir in soba noodles and serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 325, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 44, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 45, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 26, sodium (mg): 805, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.