Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 4 hrs 30 mins (low) or 3.25 hours (high)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken breasts (about 3 pounds)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 7 ounces turkey kielbasa sausage, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups mashed sweet potatoes (optional)
1. Stir together 1-1/2 cups of the broth, garlic, thyme and cayenne; set aside.
2. Place chicken, onion and kielbasa in slow cooker bowl. Pour broth mixture over top. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2-1/2 hours or LOW for 3-1/2 hours.
3. Remove cover and stir in corn and green pepper. Cover; cook 30 minutes.
4. Remove chicken from slow cooker. Shred meat into bite-size pieces, discarding bones.
5. Stir together remaining 2 tablespoons broth and cornstarch. Whisk cornstarch mixture, salt and pepper into slow cooker; cook on HIGH for 15 minutes or on LOW for 30, or until thick. Stir shredded chicken into sauce. Serve with sweet potatoes, if desired.
Tip For easier cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 266, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 111, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 12, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 42, sodium (mg): 764, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.