Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 20 mins
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked seasoned chicken sausages, cut into small pieces
- 1 package (7 ounces) frozen toaster hash brown patties, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups frozen mixed pepper strips, chopped, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid hot-pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup bottled salsa
- 4 poached eggs OR: sunny-side cooked eggs
1. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sausage; saute 8 minutes, until onion is softened. Transfer to large bowl.
2. Wipe out skillet with paper toweling. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in skillet. Add diced patties; cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until heated through. Add butter; cook 3 minutes or until potatoes are golden. Add to sausage mixture in bowl.
3. Wipe out skillet with paper toweling. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add chopped pepper strips and pepper sauce; cook 3 minutes, until softened. Add to sausage mixture in bowl. Add parsley and salsa. Divide among 4 plates. Top with eggs.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 372, Fat, total (g): 23, chol. (mg): 311, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 22, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 23, sodium (mg): 777, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.