Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Cook 40 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound hot chicken or turkey sausage, sliced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 13 3/4 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 8 ounce bottleclam juice
- 1 16 ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine OR: water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups raw long-grain white rice
- 1 sweet green pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 6 ounce piece baked ham, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 whole boneless, skinned chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1/2 medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 10 ounces box frozen peas
1. Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add sausage; cook, turning, until browned, 10 minutes. Remove. Place in large bowl.
2. Add onion and garlic to pot; saute for 4 minutes or until softened. Add chicken broth, clam juice, tomatoes, water, wine, turmeric, bay leaf, hot-pepper sauce and salt. Bring to boiling. Stir in rice, green pepper and ham. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12 minutes. Stir in chicken and sausage; simmer 8 minutes more. Stir in shrimp and peas; simmer 6 minutes more or until shrimp are pink and curled and rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 336, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 85, carb. (g): 41, pro. (g): 24, sodium (mg): 1126, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.