Servings: 4 Prep 5 mins Cook 30 mins
- 1 10 - 12 ounce package (4 to 5 links) precooked chicken sausage with apple, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 large Golden Delicious apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup apple cider OR: chicken broth
- 1/2 cup bottled chutney, chopped
- Mashed potatoes for 4 servings
1. Saute sausage in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove to plate; keep warm.
2. Heat butter in skillet. Add onion; saute over medium heat until slightly softened, 8 minutes. Add apple; cook 5 minutes, until slightly softened.
3. Stir in cider, chutney and sausage; cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes, until onion is softened and sauce is slightly thickened. If too thick, add a little more cider if desired. Serve with mashed potatoes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 382, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 83, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 55, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 743, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.