Smoked mozzarella is tucked inside chicken breasts, coated in crumbs and then baked for a special dish that is easy on the budget.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees . Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place flour and bread crumbs in separate shallow plates. Beat eggs in a medium-size bowl.
3. Place a piece of mozzarella on one short end of each chicken breast and roll up tightly. Tuck loose ends in.
4. Coat each chicken roll with flour, dip in the egg and roll in the bread crumbs. Place seam-side down in prepared dish.
5. Melt butter in a small saucepan and stir in parsley, thyme and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Pour mixture over the chicken rolls. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Pour wine over the chicken and bake for an additional 25 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, prepare angel hair pasta following package directions. Drain and place in large serving bowl.
7. Remove chicken from baking dish and place on serving platter. Season with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Pour butter-and-wine mixture from baking dish over pasta and toss with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.