Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 55 mins
- 1 fresh fennel bulb
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut into eighths
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomatoes in juice, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Greek olives, chopped
1. Cut root end from fennel. Measure 1/4 cup fennel sprigs. Slice bulb thinly.
2. Brown chicken in oil in large skillet; remove to plate.
3. Drain all but 1 tablespoon drippings from skillet. Add fennel, onion and garlic; cook until lightly browned. Add tomatoes, water, salt, pepper and fennel sprigs. Bring to boiling. Return chicken to skillet; simmer, covered, until chicken is tender, no longer pink near bone, 30 minutes. Add olives; heat through.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 325, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): 88, carb. (g): 9, pro. (g): 30, sodium (mg): 461, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.