Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Cook 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium-size onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 jars (6.5 ounces each) marinated artichokes, drained
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) peeled and diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (6 ounces) sliced pitted black olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup orzo, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1. Stir together the olive oil, onion and garlic in large microwave-safe glass bowl or 13 x 9-inch microwave-safe glass baking dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high power for 4 minutes or until the onion is slightly softened.
2. Stir in the thyme, salt, pepper, artichokes, tomatoes, tomato paste, olives and vinegar until well blended. Microwave, uncovered, on high power for 6 minutes, stirring the mixture once halfway through the cooking.
3. Stir the chicken chunks into the sauce in the dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high power for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking. Let stand for about 3 minutes.
4. Serve chicken over cooked orzo. Toss with 1/4 cup Parmesan. Garnish with 2 tablespoons Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 401, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 68, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 35, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 33, sodium (mg): 946, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.