1. Brush grill rack with vegetable oil. Then prepare grill with medium-hot coals, or heat gas grill.*
2. Mix oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley, herbs, sugar, salt and pepper in bowl. Mix chicken with 1/2 cup vinaigrette in plastic bag. Chill 30 minutes. Reserve remaining vinaigrette.
3. Boil potatoes in salted water in saucepan until just tender, about 15 minutes. Drain; cool.
4. Arrange chicken, potatoes and bacon on four 12-inch metal skewers; skewer end of 1 bacon strip and follow with piece of potato and piece of chicken. Wrap bacon strip over potato and chicken, and skewer end of bacon to hold in place. Repeat 3 more times to complete skewer. Fill remaining skewers.
5. Grill skewers 16 to 18 minutes, turning every 4 minutes, until chicken is firm and bacon fully cooked. Brush with reserved vinaigrette before serving.