Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Cool 30 mins Cook 8 mins
- 1 pound boneless, skinned chicken breasts
- 1 lime
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped, seeded jalapeno pepper OR: 1/4 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 mango (1-1/2 pounds), peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 can (15 ounces) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Lettuce leaves, for serving
1. Place chicken in small saucepan. Add enough water to cover. Bring to bare simmer. Cover; simmer for 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Cool chicken in liquid for 30 minutes. Remove chicken from liquid; cut into dice. (Save liquid for soups.)
2. Grate rind from lime; place in medium-size bowl. Juice lime; add 2 tablespoons juice to rind. Stir in green onion, jalapeno pepper, sour cream and salt.
3. Add chicken, mango and kidney beans to mixture in the bowl; toss gently to combine. Serve the salad over assorted lettuce leaves on individual plates.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 190, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): 35, carb. (g): 26, pro. (g): 16, sodium (mg): 234, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.