Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 7 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken cutlets (about 6 ounces each)
- 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large head of escarole, washed, dried and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed, dried and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- Fresh basil, for garnish
1. Brush chicken with 1 tablespoon of the vinegar and season with the oregano, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 3 minutes per side. Remove to plate; keep warm.
2. Add remaining 4 tablespoons vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, 3 tablespoons olive oil and the plum tomatoes to skillet. Scrape up any browned bits from bottom of skillet and gently heat through, about 1 minute.
3. Toss together escarole, romaine lettuce and red onion. Slice chicken and serve over salad and spoon warm tomato vinaigrette over the top. Garnish with fresh basil.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 278, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 94, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 16, fiber (g): 7, pro. (g): 38, sodium (mg): 558, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.