Servings: 4 Start to Finish 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or other neutral flavored oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, or more to taste
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 9 ounce package fresh spinach
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, sprinkle with salt, and cook until soft and translucent, about 8 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently; add the curry powder, stir to coat the vegetables, and cook until fragrant, another minute.
2. Add the undrained tomatoes and coconut milk to the skillet and bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes, uncovered, or until the tomatoes break down and the flavors blend. Add the spinach, chicken, and chickpeas and cook until the spinach is just wilted and the chicken and chickpeas are warmed through, another 2 or 3 minutes. Season to taste with kosher salt and serve with jasmine rice.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 463, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 62, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 52, Monounsaturated fat (g): 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 4, fiber (g): 7, sugar (g): 8, pro. (g): 29, vit. A (IU): 63, vit. C (mg): 30, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 8, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 234, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 632, Potassium (mg): 837, calcium (mg): 131, iron (mg): 6, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.